Thursday, June 05, 2008

Another morning musing

This morning I’m being rebellious, and drinking twig tea from a beautiful bowl. A bowl so I can hold my hands curved around it, palms like an offering, overlapping when I take a sip. Small small simple ways of adding meaning through ritual to the everyday. I like being able to see the silted remnants that snuck out of the fine mesh and into the water, a little bit of earth making its way through my system.

Another morning begun watching the gorgeous music video of “Grand Canyon” by Jennifer Terran. http://www.myspace.com/jenniferterran. If I made a film, it would probably resemble something like this. A moody portrait photographer’s delicious colors and frames. I miss taking pictures.

When I was in the Magdalens I had this vague notion of finding the perfect handmade ceramic/pottery tea mug or bowl. I love the idea of having tea each morning with an artist, vicariously, from one set of hands lovingly into mine. The richness of handmade art

Big windows, lots of fine rain. As in, the droplets are small but copious.

1 comment:

Adriana Bucz said...

you should take photographs again. i'll come over and you can photo me (if you can, i am the queen of bad pictures), but i have this lovely colourful tattoo thing occurring on my back that begs for photos anyway, so let's do that.

you and twig tea and .... i don't know. little perfect things, teapots, little ceramic perfect artist things. vicarious transferance of art, vicarious conversation, conversation of any sort....
little perfect things in a world full of big imperfect ones.