Tuesday, July 01, 2008

A list, a first try at compilation of musical memory thoughts

I wrote this for my Last.fm journal, but it's worth a cross post, I think.

A list for myself, I have tendencies towards forgetfullness. I imagine that if something I listens to stays around long enough, then it becomes something to me. No explanations, just notations back to the brain and heart. No order but the one I remembered in. Importants. If I had to summarize my life in music. With many memory blockages and mishaps, probably.
Over the Rhine-Drunkard's Prayer
Tori Amos-Boys for Pele
Noe Venable-The World is Bound by Secret Knots
Charlotte Martin-Veins/Stromata/On Your Shore
Terami Hirsch-A Broke Machine/To the Bone/Entropy 29
Tom McRae-Tom Mcrae
Hawksley Workman-Treeful of Starling/Last Night we Were/Between the Beautifuls/My Little Toothless Beauties
The Dresden Dolls-Dresen dolls/Yes, Virginia
Queen Adreena-Taxidermy/The Butcher and the Butterfly
David Gray-A Century Ends
Joanna Newsom-Ys/Milk-Eyed Mender
The Chameleons-Script of the Bridge/Strange Times
Jennifer Terran-Full Moon in Three/The Musician
Me'Shell NdegéOcello-Bitter
Lhasa de Sela -THe Living Road/La Llorona
Regina Spektor-Begin to Hope
PJ Harvey-White Chalk/Uh Huh Her/To Bring you my Love/Rid of Me
Sigur Rós-Takk
Veda Hille-Spine
Hem-Rabbit Songs
Beirut-Flying Club Cup
Zoë Keating-One Cello x 16: Natoma
Kate Bush-Hounds of Love
Nick Cave-The Boatman's Call
Sarah Slean-Night Bugs/Day One
Arcade Fire-FUneral/Neon Bible
Nina Simone
Bruce Springsteen-Born to Run

1 comment:

Adriana Bucz said...

the list of lists, really.
thank you.