Saturday, September 26, 2009

April-September Book List

I'll probably begin to write, soonish. But I'm floating through photo self portrait land at the moment, and it's strange and slippery and I'm not ready to bring words into the balance. So I'll just write what I've been reading....* are very enjoyable and worth reading, double ** are one I found particularly stunning...

*"A Home at the End of the World"-Michael Cunningham
"Changing Heaven"-Jane Urqhuart
**"Girls, Visions, and Everything"-Sarah Schulman
*"Slow River"-Nicola Griffiths
"Runaway American Dream"-Jimmy Gutterman
"The Camino"-Shirley McLaine
**"Divisadero"-Michael Ondaatje
**"Lust and Other Stories"-Susan Minot
"The Ihop Papers"-Alie Liebegott
*"Autobiography of Red"-Anne Carson
*"Veronica"-Mary Gaitskill
*"Rat Bohemia"-Sarah Schulman
"Valencia"-Michelle Tea (re-read)
**"The Host"-Stephenie Meyer
*"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows"-JK Rowling
"City of Bones"-Cassandra Clare (I preferred the second book in the series)
*"City of Ashes"-Cassandra Clare ( but you have to read the first book first)
"A Northern Light"-Jennifer Donnelly
"Keeping you a Secret"- Julie Anne Peters
"Gossip Girl"-Cecily von Ziegesar
*"Uglies", "Pretties", and "Specials"-Scott Westerfeld (standalone ok, as a trilogy very good)
*"Marked"-P.C. Cast (interesting goddess based teenage vampire series-better than it sounds)
"Betrayed"-P.C. Cast

I'm starting to read "Lucky" by Alice Sebold, and "Rapture" by Susan Minot next.

No comments: